Wednesday, March 17, 2010

WABDL NATIONALS RESULTS

Ok lets start with the meet!

The meet started very early in the morning so we had to be up even earlier to get food and be ready for the meet. Lifters meeting was at 730 and the meet started at 8 am. Guess what I was in the 1st flight so 8 am I get to start lifting whoo hooo! NOT SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS! Anyways it was when I was to lift so that is when I had to. I did my warm ups easy and so came the time for my opening attempt. It was 512 lbs, Smoke Show! Very easy for me this day, The hardest part was getting it to touch. Now about 10 min later was my 2nd attempt. 551 lbs, this was probly easier than the 1st. wow Shot right up! This was great, so on my 3rd I went for 578.5 lbs. This was a bit more of a grinder but the weight didn't seem to stop anywhere. On a 4th after already breaking my own record of 518 twice I went for 584. I just didn't have enough gas in the tank this early in the morning so it stopped half way up. I will get video of the meet in a few weeks from CSS so I can review my lifts and see what I can improve upon in my form. I try to strive for perfect form every time. If I am off by a 1/4 of in inch that is not good enough for me and I want it perfect. It needs to be perfect! No it has to be perfect!

Here is a picture from the bench press



Then I was suppose to dead lift at 6 pm but that didn't happen till about 715 or 730, but you know what considering how many lifters there were the meet went by very fast.

I ended up pulling 507 and went for the win of 595 but was about 20 to 30 lbs to much for me. (over the next few months I am really going to strive to get my dead lift over 600 lbs again. its a must do!)





So I ended up with two 1st place finishes in the Bench, Class 1 259 Men and Open 259 Men. Also I got the Class 1 Men Best Lifter award! (This ended up getting me drug tested!) and I got two 2nd Place finishes in the Dead Lift, Class 1 259 Men and Open 259 Men. Not Bad! This Also moved me out of the Class 1 Mens rankings in the Bench Press and into the Open Only Classes. The challenge is set!

Tamara ended up bench pressing 170.7 lbs for a new meet PR for her and was close to 187 but ended up dumping it on herself at the last second. To Bad she has hit that weight quite a few times in the past. She Won two 1st place finishes in the Bench Press, Teen 18-19 198 women and Open 198 Women. She also set a state record with that 170 lbs bench press.

AJ Benched a PR 402 and just missed his state record of 429 on 2 attempts. He took a 1st place finish home in the Junior SHW Class. Great Job!

Here is a few more pics of the Meet









1 comment:

  1. Great work Shawn.
    I will be back to see how you do in the future

    ReplyDelete