Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gotta CUT!

Alright, so today I decided I will go down to 242 weight class for nationals. That means I need to loose a little over 30 lbs. Right now I am 274.8 lbs. So we are gonna watch this carefully. Basically the plan is to cut the calories and start doing about an hour or more of cardio a day. That is about a month away so it shouldn't be a problem. At this weight with my current bench press or at least what I'm shooting for it should put me in the top 15 in the nation ranking wise. (all fed's included ) I say this isn't to bad.

So today was a bench and triceps day and was a dynamic day. So we did a good amount of chain stuff. I got up to 295 plus 70 lbs of chains for a set of 3. And the chains were just off the floor at the top on these. So I had 365 at the top. These were pretty easy lock outs and just good dynamic strength curve sets. After about 4 or 5 sets of benches on chains, AJ and I had some fun and had a little contest. We took all the weight off the bar except the chains. Then we did as many bench presses as we could for 20 seconds to see who could get more. Well I deffently had the advantage here as if you have seen our bench videos you know my range of movement is half of AJ's. AJ got 30 reps in 20 seconds and I had 33 in 20 seconds. I WIN!!!!!!

After this we did some heavy lock outs in the power rack and I got up too 515 for 3 reps with a mid grip and AJ had 405 for 5 reps easy. Tamara locked out 225 for 3 reps for a few sets. (hers were set at a lower pin placement than ours. So she had to work harder. Great job, Tamara!

Then AJ and I did a few other dumbbell and cable exercises including kennelly style tricep presses but with 60 lbs in chain one arm at a time. Here is a video of doing this. This was the 4th or 5th set.


After these I closed off the work out with 50 chain push ups. I took all of our chains ( 70 lbs worth ) and laid them criss-cross across my back and did 5 push ups then Tamara took off 1 chain and I did 5 more and the cycle continued till I had no chains. Wow this was hard as hell after a 3 hour chest and tricep work out! Good way to get a tri and chest burn! I was pretty dead after this.


BTW remember if you guys need wrist wraps, knee wraps or any other weight training gear check 1st with APT. Great prices and the best products on the market period!


TILL NEXT TIME, STAY STRONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment