Thursday, February 4, 2010

A little better, and its shoulder day!

Well, today was mostly shoulder's and that is what A.J., Tamara and I set out to do. So we hit the gym doing a some dumbbell shoulder presses. Then we had a little fun by modifying this by tie'n bands to the dumbbells and using the bands as handles letting the weight dangle down to the floor bouncing around out of control like wild animals. OK, maybe it wasn't that dramatic but it add's a whole new level of difficulty to the exercises. Working our shoulders to almost tear's, God I love that!

Here is a video of one of my dumbbells sets.


Well after the band fun, I set out to do some heavier rack pulls getting me use to pulling weight again as it's been probably about 10 months since I did dead lifts. I take it slow when it comes to them as to avoid injuries. I'm not getting any younger you know! but I got up to a 585 for 2 and 600 for 1, even managed to rip off some of my skin on my hand on the 585 reps. Pretty sweet I know, you don't need to tell me! haha

here are videos of thou's set's



Today I also have started a new supplement from USPLabs called "PowerFULL" I may try stacking this with 2 other products they recommend, "Anabolic-Pump" and "PRIME" as to give the best results. I know a few who take and and they have seemed to have gotten much stronger and put on a good amount of muscle. But what I will do is keep everyone informed on what I think of what I am taking.

Speeking of just that I guess now would be a good time to list what I do take and why I take it.

1. 1 a day Multivitamin ( I take 2 of them a day, as my body needs more than most do.)

2. Osteo Bi-Flex Joint Shield (I take 2 of them a day as well as my joints go thou hell most days)

3. L-Glutamine ( for work out recovery time and I have been told helps absorb creatine)

4. Creatine Monohydrate ( speeds up Recovery time a lot and helps me get stronger because I can work out harder and longer )

5. HSP Active ( this helps fold the proteins in your body after you work out to build muscle, your body cant use the proteins unless they are "folded". This just lets it happen easier and faster for longer.)

6. PowerFull ( this is a natural growth hormone releaser, basically it helps keep up your own natural hormones to help build strength and muscle)

7. Muscle Milk ( this is protein and other nutrients your body needs pre and post workout to help give you energy and build thous muscles as well as help your body recover faster.)


So these are the things I take daily to help my body recover and grow. This of course does not include all the food I intake. I try to take in about 5 meals a day. I don't really count calories or anything like that but I just try to take in as much as I can. If you want to lift massive amounts of weights you need to take in a lot of calories and protein. They say a power lifter needs about 2 grams of protein a day per pound of body weight. so for me I'm 275 lbs = 550 grams of protein, I don't think I get that or even close but I try. I might start to try to count them.

I know I said I might do a video today on my gear and why I use it ect but with working out today and I have a day off from the gym tomorrow I will go into that tomorrow as I will have time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment