Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Rattle them chains!

Today was a lighter speed day for us. So we started off with some warm ups, grip machine, some dumbbell forarm twists (to warm up the elbows) and some kennelly dumbbells. Then we went to the flat bench with chains. I got up to 275 with about 70 lbs in chains. This felt good and easy. I concentrated on form and tightness trying to quickly drive off the bottom. AJ did 225 and Tamara had 85 lbs plus 50 lbs in chain.

Then we mixed it up with some incline as we haven't done these in at least 6 months. I got up to 225 for 10 reps. Not bad felt pretty easy. After this we hit a lot of dumbbells for chest and triceps, even 2 sets with 115 lbs dumbbells on flat bench, and a few cables for triceps as well.

So were just about 4.5 weeks out from WABDL National Championships in Portland. I know myself is looking for a 600 lbs bench and 550 dead lift, AJ would be happy with anything over 430. (I know he has that in the bag) Tamara is looking at about 185 to 200 lbs. Last year was an awesome meet and I'm sure this year will be no different. I would guess probably about 200 lifters.

So here is some videos of the training today!





No comments:

Post a Comment