Tuesday, February 2, 2010

SICK!

Well after yesterdays workout (very heavy day) I feel hella sick. So today being super sore and sick together is not fun at all!

Yesterday I did have some great lifting though, I was able to get 500 lbs for 2 reps to 1 board fairly easy. I was real close to a 585 lbs press as well. I think I just got a bit out of line with it. So I know that weight will come in the next few weeks im sure. then I dropped it down to 425 lbs and pumped out 7 partial reps as I couldn't get that weight to touch in a shirt. Right now I'm just trying to get more time in the shirt as it will help in the coming months. As wells as getting use to heavier and heavier weights.

here is my attempt at 585.


Here is 500 for 2 reps easy



Right now im just relaxing and taking a day or 2 off extra from the gym as being sick and lifting will only result in poor performance and lack of gains. Better off just getting better 1st.


AJ had a great day yesterday too got 500 lbs for 2 reps to about 2 board depth. right now hes just breaking in a super katana bench shirt. and this shirt is probly to small for him by far as its only one size bigger than the one im using now. He is about 65 to 70 more lbs of body weight than me if that gives you an idea.

Tamara also had a very heavy day we got her under 205 lbs for 1 and did 2 sets of this. After that she felt like she had been run over by a truck. She is getting closer to her goal all the time of 200+ lbs bench press at a meet. She should get this some time this year maybe even by nationals in March.

After our shirt work we went to bands and boards raw. this was a great work out. Though I did have one mishap. Tamara was filming and I laid the boards on me and was doing my set of 295 lbs plus green bands and well after I hit the boards the 1st time with the weight, the boards slid down and smacked me in the face.. haha (well not so funny when it happened) the result was the weights coming down super fast and me loosing control as they slam into my gut. Good thing I'm big other wise I could have hurt myself. This was pretty funny to watch on video though.

No comments:

Post a Comment