Saturday, February 6, 2010

PRIMAL POWER, Yes we train'd with them today!

Today I woke up extra early because we had our work out at 11 am in Oregon City, with Primal Power. Today was intense workout, and we had some PR's all around! Don't worry I got lots of videos from this day!

So when we got there I knew things were gonna be different and that is welcomed because new and different leads to learning and growth for everyone. After we got changed and got out of the sauna (old mans cheat to warming up quicker) we headed into the weight room to do warm ups. Well we did quite a few things right there that we have never done. We did some forearm and elbow exercises to loosen them up. We also did these rubber band snatches to warm up our shoulders. That was pretty hard cause we have never done thou's before. To top off the warm up's we did some Kennelly style triceps presses with dumbbells.

Now it was time to Bench! So after about 3 more warm up sets on the bench we got into 4 boards for the day. So we went up to our 3 rep max on 4 boards. ( for me 4 board presses are like 3-4 inch lock outs, I have a very short stroke) I got up to 495 lbs and get 5 reps out of it. AJ got 405 and Tamara had 135 raw for 3 reps on the 4 board. I say that was a great job right there. Nope we had a lot more to do. Time to shirt up! So we went up I got 585 on 4 boards for 3 reps.. much better than my 2.5 board 1 rep fail a week earlier. So then I stepped down in weights and moved my grip in closer to lengthen my Range of movement (ROM). and I did a set of 5 with 500 lbs then a set of 10 with 500 lbs. AJ did 2 different sets of 3 with 2 different bench shirts with 500 lbs. And Tamara had an awesome day and did a 225, 245 and 265 lbs sets all with 3 reps. WOW go Tamara!

So here is some videos Enjoy. Don't forget to goto my Youtube page and subscribe! and there is more videos of the day there too!




No comments:

Post a Comment